Photos from AppleStore Beijing
Apple opened its first Chinese store last Friday, just in time for the opening of the Olympic Games on August 8th. Unlike their counterparts in London, the queuers didn't appear to need chairs for comfort, but umbrellas were useful for keeping the heat at bay.
According to our tipster in Beijing, the store sells all Apple products except iPhones, which have not yet been officially launched there yet.
Chris Evers also took some pictures of the opening, which you can see on a MobileMe gallery here.
UPDATE: That MobileMe photo gallery appears to be unavailable right now. We'll leave the link in place in the hope that it comes back up soon. Thanks to the commenters who alerted us to the breakage.
Thanks to Zach Honig for the tip and the main photo.
Apple opened its first Chinese store last Friday, just in time for the opening of the Olympic Games on August 8th. Unlike their...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station