Photos from AppleStore Beijing
Apple opened its first Chinese store last Friday, just in time for the opening of the Olympic Games on August 8th. Unlike their counterparts in London, the queuers didn't appear to need chairs for comfort, but umbrellas were useful for keeping the heat at bay.
According to our tipster in Beijing, the store sells all Apple products except iPhones, which have not yet been officially launched there yet.
Chris Evers also took some pictures of the opening, which you can see on a MobileMe gallery here.
UPDATE: That MobileMe photo gallery appears to be unavailable right now. We'll leave the link in place in the hope that it comes back up soon. Thanks to the commenters who alerted us to the breakage.
Thanks to Zach Honig for the tip and the main photo.
Apple opened its first Chinese store last Friday, just in time for the opening of the Olympic Games on August 8th. Unlike their...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client