Help! The iPhone 4 has replaced my iPad!
Alongside the iPad sat my iPhone 3G. It became more neglected over time because, well, who wants to do all that neat stuff (slowly) on such a small screen? But then came the iPhone 4 and my inevitable upgrade to it. And I LOVE it! Now, my iPad has been downgraded to lesser-loved child in order to make way for its sleek, glass-backed little sister. What's the reason for the switch in my preferred device? In a word, it's iOS 4.
Without iOS 4, the iPad seems completely dumbed down to me. It lacks the iOS 4's method of multitasking and a unified inbox (plus a few other things that wouldn't sway me). It's amazing that just those two features alone can make me reach for my iPhone instead of my iPad, even when both are sitting right next to each other. Why touch through numerous times to read multiple inboxes? Why disconnect from my iSSH session or stop playing Pandora to ... well, do anything but play Pandora?
I'm wondering who else has found that they use their iPhone 4 over using their iPad for the same tasks? Will iOS 4 for the iPad, which is due this fall, resolve that sibling rivalry?
|I use my iPhone 4 over the iPad because of iOS4||2480 (39.2%)|
|I use my iPhone 4 over the iPad for the display||723 (11.4%)|
|I use my iPhone 4 over the iPad for other reasons||853 (13.5%)|
|I use my iPad over my iPhone 4 for the same tasks||2278 (36.0%)|
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration