iTunes servers appear to be wonky today
It started with a few tweets and progressed to our own internal tests, and it would appear as though Apple's iTunes servers are, at some level, not working properly. For me, it began with an all-too-familiar timeout while trying to update apps. Then I tried to download the currently-free Plastic Bullet app. Later, when we started testing, it appeared that the issue had turned into a sign-in issue with authentication servers refusing the connection.
Steve and Chris in Colorado, meanwhile, are seeing slow downloads but are able to log in and download apps. The issue appears in iTunes and Mac App Store. Let us know if you're seeing this in the comments.
Update 2: This appears to be affecting iTunes Connect.
Update 3: As of 9:20 ET, it appears things are starting to stabilize with Apple's servers. Both I and Megan up in Pennsylvania were able to authenticate, however Megan is getting errors stating she already purchased an app when she hadn't bought it yet.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update