Apple announces Game Center changes at WWDC
iOS 5 will introduce a number of exciting changes to Game Center, including profile photos, game discovery (and purchasing), achievement points and more. Here's a brief look at what's new.
Apple's 50 million Game Center customers (!) will find achievements supplemented with points. The bragging rights are nice, but why not out-score your friends on the achievement board and the battlefield?
Speaking of friends, you'll see the people your friends are following (Apple calls them "friends of friends") and even receive friend recommendations, though we're not sure how that'll work. Plus, everyone gets to add a pretty profile picture to their account.
You'll also find game recommendations and an opportunity to buy games right from within Game Center. It looks like fun, and we'll see it in action soon enough. Get ready, gamers!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs