Apple gains 40 new patents in China
Retuers is reporting that Apple has been granted 40 patents in China. The patents were awarded on September 9th and cover 37 of its products including the iPad, iPhone, and MacBook Air. Some of the patents also cover the architecture of its three Shanghai stores.
Most of the patents relate to the iPhone, however. These patents are especially valuable considering the litigious nature of smartphone manufacturers. The patents should also, in theory, help stave of the rampant counterfeiting of fake Apple products in the country.
PatentlyApple was the first to reveal the Chinese patents and they have a full listing of what all the patents cover here.
Retuers is reporting that Apple has been granted 40 patents in China. The patents were awarded on September 9th and cover 37 of its...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free
- Dragon Dictate 4 released today with new features and speed enhancements