Apple gains 40 new patents in China
Retuers is reporting that Apple has been granted 40 patents in China. The patents were awarded on September 9th and cover 37 of its products including the iPad, iPhone, and MacBook Air. Some of the patents also cover the architecture of its three Shanghai stores.
Most of the patents relate to the iPhone, however. These patents are especially valuable considering the litigious nature of smartphone manufacturers. The patents should also, in theory, help stave of the rampant counterfeiting of fake Apple products in the country.
PatentlyApple was the first to reveal the Chinese patents and they have a full listing of what all the patents cover here.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync