Apple gains 40 new patents in China
Retuers is reporting that Apple has been granted 40 patents in China. The patents were awarded on September 9th and cover 37 of its products including the iPad, iPhone, and MacBook Air. Some of the patents also cover the architecture of its three Shanghai stores.
Most of the patents relate to the iPhone, however. These patents are especially valuable considering the litigious nature of smartphone manufacturers. The patents should also, in theory, help stave of the rampant counterfeiting of fake Apple products in the country.
PatentlyApple was the first to reveal the Chinese patents and they have a full listing of what all the patents cover here.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)