Japanese customers line up for Apple's Lucky Bags
Apple Stores in Japan have continued the fukubukuro or "mystery bag" tradition, where sealed bags of merchandise are offered on New Year's Day at a hefty discount. If you're extremely lucky, you'll come away with a piece of coveted merchandise. Apple has been doing this in Japan since 2005.
The bags this year cost 33,000 yen, MacNN reports, which is about US$428 as of this writing. Items spotted in the bags both this year and in the past include the following:
- An 8 GB iPod touch
- Various high-end accessories
- A special 2012 New Year's t-shirt
The exceptionally lucky shoppers got to walk away with a MacBook Air or an iPad 2.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options