TechCrunch: January's Apple event to focus on iBooks and publishing
TechCrunch dug up a bit more info on the media event Apple is reportedly holding later this month. According to the site's sources, the event will have less of a consumer focus (don't expect any new hardware), and it will be more about unveiling improvements to the iBooks platform to the publishing industry.
TechCrunch's sources haven't determined anything more exact than that, with the exception that this isn't expected to be a "major" event. I don't know about anyone else, but when I hear about "improvements to the iBooks platform" I immediately think, "iBooks for the Mac? I really hope you're talking about iBooks on the Mac, because next to the Kindle platform you're looking kind of silly without it."
No specific date for the event has been announced yet, but it's expected later this month.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows