Apple confirms purchase of flash memory firm Anobit
Apple spokesperson Steve Dowling spoke to Bloomberg's Business Week and confirmed the company purchased Anobit, an Israeli-based flash memory firm. Israeli newspaper Calcalist broke the story in December, and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu corroborated the news when he tweeted a welcoming message to Apple.
Apple's acquisition of Anobit is the company's first step into Israel, a place that's becoming a hotbed of technology. The company probably attracted Apple's attention because of its memory signal processing technology, which increases the performance of flash memory.
Dowling did not provide details on the deal. He only said, "Apple buys smaller technology companies from time to time and we generally do not discuss our purpose or plans."
Apple spokesperson Steve Dowling spoke to Bloomberg's Business Week and confirmed the company purchased Anobit, an Israeli-based flash...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client