Apple confirms purchase of flash memory firm Anobit
Apple spokesperson Steve Dowling spoke to Bloomberg's Business Week and confirmed the company purchased Anobit, an Israeli-based flash memory firm. Israeli newspaper Calcalist broke the story in December, and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu corroborated the news when he tweeted a welcoming message to Apple.
Apple's acquisition of Anobit is the company's first step into Israel, a place that's becoming a hotbed of technology. The company probably attracted Apple's attention because of its memory signal processing technology, which increases the performance of flash memory.
Dowling did not provide details on the deal. He only said, "Apple buys smaller technology companies from time to time and we generally do not discuss our purpose or plans."
Apple spokesperson Steve Dowling spoke to Bloomberg's Business Week and confirmed the company purchased Anobit, an Israeli-based flash...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support