Realistic Steve Jobs action figure now out of production
Don't get your hopes up about having that controversial Steve Jobs action figure adorning your desk or bookshelf. The Hong Kong businessman behind the product has decided to halt all production of the realistic Jobs doll.
Tandy Cheung of In Icons Productions has announced that the product is no more on the company website. saying the item won't be sold now or in the future. "Unfortunately we have received immense pressure from the lawyers of Apple and Steve Jobs family," he notes.
Cheung originally claimed he wasn't going to be pressured to take the action figure off the market. The legal issues are murky, with some experts claiming selling a likeness of Jobs is legal, and others claiming a sale could be blocked in some countries or jurisdictions.
The Jobs action figure was selling for US $99, and there is quite a lot of other less realistic Jobs memorabilia on eBay.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration