Apple announces Q1 2012 earnings, sells a record-breaking 37 million iPhones
Apple released its earnings statement and announced yet another banner quarter. Apple knocked it out of the park, with record quarterly revenue of US$46.33 billion compared to $27.64 billion in the year-ago quarter.
As predicted, iPhone sales were through the roof with 37.04 million units sold. This is up from the 17.07 million the company sold last quarter and up 128 percent from the 16.24 million it sold this quarter in 2010.
iPad sales were also up to another record-breaking level. The company sold 15.43 million iPads units, which is up from the 11.12 million iPads the company sold in Q4 2011. It's also an 111 percent increase from the year-ago quarter when it sold 7.33 million units.
Mac sales remained strong. Apple sold 5.2 million Macs, which is up slightly from the 4.89 million it sold during the previous quarter. iPod sales continue their downward decline from 19.45 million in Q1 2011 to 15.4 million iPods this quarter, a 21 percent year over year decline.
Apple will livestream its conference call later today, and we'll be liveblogging it as it happens.
Apple released its earnings statement and announced yet another banner quarter. Apple knocked it out of the park, with record quarterly...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements