Tim Cook defends Senior VP of Retail appointment
Apple announced earlier this week that the former CEO of UK electronics chain Dixons, John Browett, was being appointed to the head of retail in Cupertino, but since then, there's been some rumbling among those interested that Browett might not have been the best man for the job. Dixons hasn't exactly been a huge hit in the UK lately, and the pick of an old school retail head for Apple's very progressive retail division seems like it might have been a mistake.
But Tim Cook doesn't believe so. The new Apple CEO says as much in an email sent to blogger and photographer Tony Hart. In the email, published in a post about why Hart loves Apple, Cook says "John was the best by far." To answer the critics claiming that Apple went backwards hiring an old electronics retailer head for their stores, Cook says plainly that Browett's "role isn't to bring Dixons to Apple, [it's] to bring Apple to an even higher level of customer service and satisfaction."
Well now. Aside from the actual news about the appointment, that certainly sounds like a CEO who's making decisions and standing behind them. Obviously that might backfire in the future, but if the most recent releases are any indication, Apple's future in Tim Cook's hands looks very secure.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features