Vintage Apple I sells for $375,000
A rare piece of Apple history is no longer on the market. Last Friday, Auction house Sotheby's sold a working Apple I computer for US$374,500. The vintage computer sold for more than twice its estimated value after a bidding war broke out between two bidders, according to a CNN Money report. The lucky winner was an anonymous telephone bidder who will walk away with one of only six known units. Apple originally produced 50 Apple I's and the other 44 are missing.
Also on the auction block was a letter Steve Jobs sent to Atari. The letter sold for $27,500, which like the Apple I was significantly more than it was valued.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options