Apple releases iOS 6 beta 4 to developers
We are receiving word that Apple has released beta 4 of the upcoming iOS 6 software, which is expected to be released this fall.
As with previous updates, this update is expected to deliver bug fixes for developers who are testing their applications with the new operating system. As this is the fourth beta of iOS 6, a look back at previous iOS beta runs tells us that we should be nearing a final release as Apple refines the next version of its mobile operating system.
The update is available to developers at Apple's developer site and includes Xcode 4.5 beta along with device-specific builds for supported iOS devices and the Apple TV. Developers can also update their devices over-the-air from the Settings app; however, there are reports that the update servers are not responding when attempting to check for updates, so YMMV.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter