Apple launches more detailed online services status page
In the wake of some high-profile outages affecting its iCloud, iMessage and other online services, Apple has rolled out a new design for its system status web page. The new page offers a more detailed report on the current health of 32 different resources, broken down by Services, Stores and iCloud.
In addition to showing the current status of these services, the page features a timeline showing recent outages, with details on which services were specifically affected, how long the outages lasted, and what percent of users were affected. The data in the timeline goes back to December 2011. No services are experiencing issues at present, so it remains to be seen how (or if) Apple will provide details on outages, such as when they're expected to be resolved, as they occur.
[Via Apple Insider]
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter