Tim Cook visits Apple reseller in China
Apple CEO Tim Cook is in China supposedly meeting with government officials to talk about China's IT industry and Apple's role in this burgeoning field. It's not all business for the affable CEO, who used part of that time to soak up the local flavor.
According to AppleInsider and M.I.C. Gadget, Tim Cook has been photographed inside an Apple reseller store in Beijing, caught on film with an Apple fan at the Wangfujing Apple store and even spotted talking to a group of fans in an underground passageway.
M.I.C. Gadget claims marketing head Phil Schiller is also touring Beijing. Schiller is apparently keeping a much lower profile than Cook as photos of him in public have not surfaced. Details on why he is in China are also not known.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows