Huge crowds greet Berlin Apple Store
Judging from the huge crowds that attended the opening of the new Apple Store Kurfürstendamm in Berlin on Friday, the German capital was starving for an Apple Store of its own.
The Berlin store is the 11th Apple Store in Germany, but the first in Berlin. The video below shows the controlled chaos in the store as the throng is welcomed into the store at 5:00 PM local time by blue-shirted Apple employees.
ifoAppleStore's Gary Allen took a road trip for the store opening and tweeted that the 4,500 free t-shirts printed for the opening were completely gone by 8:50 PM. There was a live music performance by Passenger at the store's theatre on Saturday night, and the opening festivities continue this afternoon with director Jan-Ole Gerster and actor Tom Schilling talking about the 2012 movie Oh Boy.
Apple has also posted a gallery of photos from construction and the opening on the web page for the Kurfürstendamm store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration