Huge crowds greet Berlin Apple Store
Judging from the huge crowds that attended the opening of the new Apple Store Kurfürstendamm in Berlin on Friday, the German capital was starving for an Apple Store of its own.
The Berlin store is the 11th Apple Store in Germany, but the first in Berlin. The video below shows the controlled chaos in the store as the throng is welcomed into the store at 5:00 PM local time by blue-shirted Apple employees.
ifoAppleStore's Gary Allen took a road trip for the store opening and tweeted that the 4,500 free t-shirts printed for the opening were completely gone by 8:50 PM. There was a live music performance by Passenger at the store's theatre on Saturday night, and the opening festivities continue this afternoon with director Jan-Ole Gerster and actor Tom Schilling talking about the 2012 movie Oh Boy.
Apple has also posted a gallery of photos from construction and the opening on the web page for the Kurfürstendamm store.
Judging from the huge crowds that attended the opening of the new Apple Store Kurfürstendamm in Berlin on Friday, the German capital...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station