iOS, Mac and Safari Dev Centers back up and running as of 6:15pm EDT
See those green boxes above? That's good news for iOS and Mac developers, as well as those who write extensions for Safari. Apple's Developer System Status page is now showing that the iOS, Mac and Safari Dev Centers are up and running again after an week-long outage.
Apple's developer sites were taken offline more than a week ago in response to a security issue that may have exposed the names and contact information of some developers. Apple has stated that no application code, credit card numbers or other privileged information was exposed, and the company has been working to harden the systems since then.
In addition to those welcome green boxes, the status page also shows that the all-important Certificates, Identifiers, and Profiles page is back up, and Software Downloads are ready for those of us who need to restore our iPhones to iOS 7.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature