'Jobs' movie disappoints with $6.7 million opening weekend
The Ashton Kutcher-led Steve Jobs biopic Jobs had a disappointing opening weekend, earning just US$6.7 million at the US box office. That puts Jobs in seventh place for the week. As we've written about before, Jobs has received a number of critical remarks from former Apple employees saying the movie is inaccurate, as well as generally bad reviews.
Still, with an opening at more than 2,300 theaters and a production budget of just over $12 million, a $6.7 million take on opening weekend is bad. As BoxOfficeMojo reports:
Jobs had plenty of issues, including awful reviews and a comedy star playing dramatic (almost never a good idea). Most important, though, was the movie's apparent tonal issues: while plenty of people enjoy their Apple products, the deification of Steve Jobs is a bit of a turn off. Jobs received a weak "B-" CinemaScore, and all indications are that it will disappear from theaters quickly.
See it while you can, folks (or, if the reviews are any indication, don't).
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync