Tim Cook joins board of China's Tsinghua University School of Economics and Management
As if it weren't already abundantly clear how important China is to Apple (and, actually, most of the world in the 21st century) Tim Cook has joined the Advisory Board of Tsinghua University's School of Economics and Management (SEM) in Beijing, one of the country's most prestigious universities. The SEM says the Advisory Board meets annually to "offer advice on the development of Tsinghua SEM."
While it's clear Cook isn't on the board to pitch an iPad in Education system to the university, his membership there could help give Apple a leg up in the country as he'll serve alongside other prominent Tsinghua SEM board members including a number of high-ranking Chinese politicians.
Besides Cook, there are many other Western business leaders on Tsinghua SEM's advisory board including the chairman and CEO of General Motors, the chairman and CEO of Goldman Sachs, the president and CEO of Wal-Mart, the former president of Yale University and many more.
As if it weren't already abundantly clear how important China is to Apple (and, actually, most of the world in the 21st century) Tim Cook...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free