Apple adds "Send Last Location" feature to "Find My iPhone"
With each new iOS release, Apple has iteratively lessened the frustration typically associated with losing or misplacing one's iPhone or iPad. First there was the introduction of "Find My iPhone" in 2010. This was enhanced by the launch of "Activation Lock" in iOS 7. And of course, the introduction of TouchID added even another layer of safety into the mix.
With iOS 8, Apple has added a new toggle to the "Find My iPhone" feature set. Dubbed "Send Last Location", the toggle, when turned on, automatically sends the last known location of an iPhone to Apple when the battery drains to a critical level.
This is a rather smart addition as trying to find an iPhone that's out of juice can be an effort in frustration.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration