Apple Store SoHo: Come here often?
Where do the swank young hipsters pick up dates these days? Bars? Gym? Online personals? Or perhaps, the next
logical location: The Apple Store.
Keith Allison explores the Soho Apple Store culture in a piece for CITY magazine, noting its appeal to unusually hip and attractive computer nerds. He thinks it’s Apple’s ‘fusion of design, technology, and lifestyle’ that brings in models, artists, students and hipsters to their retail outlets. The creative architecture contributes to the atmosphere, as does the staff, who “all look like they just wandered in from practice with a local indie rock band.”
Allison offers the suggestion of turning the Genius Bar into a wet bar in order to truly capitalize on all of this hipster energy. Hey, I would go. Maybe I’d meet the love of my life over an apple martini.
(story via PowerPage)
Where do the swank young hipsters pick up dates these days? Bars? Gym? Online personals? Or perhaps, the next logical location: The...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements