Steve Jobs: Still Not Dead. Film at 11.
Bloomberg seems to be having an extremely slow news day. Its obituary update for Steve Jobs has turned awry. The obituary, a copy of which was sent to Gawker, contains a list of contacts that could be used for an extended story.
Soon after the obituary was published, Bloomberg issued the following retraction:
Story Referencing Apple Was Sent in Error by Bloomberg News
Aug. 27 (Bloomberg) - An incomplete story referencing Apple
Inc. was inadvertently published by Bloomberg News at 4:27 p.m.
New York time today. The item was never meant for publication and
has been retracted.
-Editor: Joe Winski, Cesca AntonelliIt should be noted that many major newspapers/magazines keep a preliminary obituary write-up for prominent public people. However, these reports are normally not published before someone actually dies. We can only guess that whomever published this article no longer has a job.
Thanks for the tip, Adam!
Update: Steve Jobs is still not dead. More as this story develops.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs