Pittsburgh Apple store burgled again
According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the Walnut Street Apple Store in the Shadyside neighborhood is closed this morning due to a smash-and-grab theft.
A cinder block was used to shatter the glass doors of the store sometime around 5:30 AM, and a phone call to the store confirms that they were indeed closed this morning. According to the Post-Gazette, the thieves made off with thousands of dollars worth of MacBooks and iPods.
This isn't the first time we've seen the Shadyside store victimized by criminals. Back in November, it made national news with another smash-and-grab crime.
Of course, any storefront retail outlet with thousands of dollars' worth of portable/fenceable inventory is likely to be a prime target for theft. Sadly, it happens way more frequently than we'd like.
Thanks to Steve A. for the tip.
According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the Walnut Street Apple Store in the Shadyside neighborhood is closed this morning due to a...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs