Bomb threat at Apple's Elk Grove distribution center
A bomb threat was called in to Apple's Elk Grove, California distribution center today. The threat was called in around 8 AM PST. The Elk Grove distribution center is used for warehousing and human resources. According to AppleInsider, the threat caused the evacuation of buildings A, B and C on the campus.
Elk Grove police officer Chris Trim told Fox 40 news that four bomb-sniffing dogs were sent in to search the 100,000-square-foot buildings. After five hours, the local police felt there was no real danger and gave the all clear for employees to return to the buildings. There is no word yet on any possible leads about the person or persons that called in the threat.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app