ITC judge rules Apple did not violate Elan multi-touch patent
Reuters reports that an International Trade Commission judge sided with Apple in a patent fight brought on by Elan Microelectronics Corp. Elan alleged that that Apple had infringed on one of its multi-touch patents and used technology from the patent in the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Yesterday, the ITC judge ruled in Apple's favor, stating there was no violation of Elan's patent. When the case began Elan had asked the judge to bar all iPhones, iPads and iPod touches from being sold in the United States. Though this is a win for Apple, the judge's decision will not be final until the full International Trade Commission decides to uphold or reject the decision in August.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free