ITC judge rules Apple did not violate Elan multi-touch patent
Reuters reports that an International Trade Commission judge sided with Apple in a patent fight brought on by Elan Microelectronics Corp. Elan alleged that that Apple had infringed on one of its multi-touch patents and used technology from the patent in the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Yesterday, the ITC judge ruled in Apple's favor, stating there was no violation of Elan's patent. When the case began Elan had asked the judge to bar all iPhones, iPads and iPod touches from being sold in the United States. Though this is a win for Apple, the judge's decision will not be final until the full International Trade Commission decides to uphold or reject the decision in August.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options