ITC judge rules Apple did not violate Elan multi-touch patent
Reuters reports that an International Trade Commission judge sided with Apple in a patent fight brought on by Elan Microelectronics Corp. Elan alleged that that Apple had infringed on one of its multi-touch patents and used technology from the patent in the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Yesterday, the ITC judge ruled in Apple's favor, stating there was no violation of Elan's patent. When the case began Elan had asked the judge to bar all iPhones, iPads and iPod touches from being sold in the United States. Though this is a win for Apple, the judge's decision will not be final until the full International Trade Commission decides to uphold or reject the decision in August.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options