Apple Stores receive more visitors than Major League Baseball stadiums
The old saying "as American as baseball and apple pie" may have to be amended to include Apple and its retail stores. According to an article by Philip Elmer-DeWitt, Apple may be more popular than America's favorite pastime. Before you roll your eyes and dismiss the idea, take a look at the financials of the Cupertino company and compare it to Major League Baseball.
DeWitt points out that Apple is more profitable than Major League Baseball -- Apple reported revenue of US$65.2 billion in 2010 compared to the $7 million reported by the MLB. Apple stores alone even beat out baseball with $9.8 billion in FY2010 revenue and four times the foot traffic of all the Major League Baseball stadiums combined. While Apple's revenue streams are increasing, MLB's revenue from ticket sales and advertising is sliding.
So what do you think, should we start working on some new words to the old tune Take me out to the ballgame?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature