Apple II owners assemble for concert
Apple II owners and enthusiasts in the greater Los Angeles area must clear their calendar this Saturday night. The folks from the Machine Project are trying to organize an evening concert featuring the iconic Apple II.
Starting at 8 PM PT on June 25, a 16-step sequencer developed by Jason Torchinsky will be used to elicit beautiful music from a group of Apple II machines. The original Apple II did not have a built-in sound synthesis chip and sent a precision click to the speaker to generate sound. The result is a very mechanical tone that many find annoying. As you can imagine, the music should be... interesting.
[Via Make Magazine]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options