Apple II owners assemble for concert
Apple II owners and enthusiasts in the greater Los Angeles area must clear their calendar this Saturday night. The folks from the Machine Project are trying to organize an evening concert featuring the iconic Apple II.
Starting at 8 PM PT on June 25, a 16-step sequencer developed by Jason Torchinsky will be used to elicit beautiful music from a group of Apple II machines. The original Apple II did not have a built-in sound synthesis chip and sent a precision click to the speaker to generate sound. The result is a very mechanical tone that many find annoying. As you can imagine, the music should be... interesting.
[Via Make Magazine]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature