iOS 4.3.4 (GSM) and 4.2.9 (Verizon) now available, fixes PDF exploit
Looks like Apple has plugged the PDF exploit in iOS with the now-available iOS 4.3.4 which you can download via iTunes. The PDF exploit was used by JailbreakMe, so if you're planning to use it to jailbreak your iPhone, you'll want to avoid this update.
You can read more about the update here on Apple site, noting that the security updates appear to be in effect all the way back to iOS 3.0, correcting the portions of iOS which were being exploited by an issue in how FreeType handled TrueType fonts. Here's a link to the CDMA explanation of the fix.
The update is for iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPhone 4, iPod touch (4th generation), iPhone 3GS and is a pretty quick download and update.
Here are direct links for each model supported by the update:
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPhone 4 (Verizon)
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad 2 (iPad 2,2 and iPad 2,3)
- iPod touch 3rd generation
- iPod touch 4th generation
Looks like Apple has plugged the PDF exploit in iOS with the now-available iOS 4.3.4 which you can download via iTunes. The PDF...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update