Survey: Apple's lead in tech support satisfaction is slipping
According to a survey [PDF] of over 4,000 customers, satisfaction with Apple's phone-based support is slipping, while other computer manufacturers like HP are gaining. Apple is still the undisputed leader with 58% of Apple customers saying they were "Very Satisfied" with their experience. Though higher than the 53% rate for HP and 47% for Dell, Apple's satisfaction rating has dropped 15 points since last year.
It appears as if the automated part of the tech support process has people stymied. According to the survey, only 24 percent of Apple customers are "Very Satisfied" with automated support calls. In this category, Apple trails both Dell and HP whose customers are 30% and 46% satisfied with the experience, respectively.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options