Apple reportedly hires firm to help replace former retail chief Ron Johnson
Apple has hired recruiting firm Egon Zehnder International to find a replacement for Apple Retail Chief Ron Johnson, who is leaving the company after eleven years to become the president and eventual CEO of J.C. Penney. According to the Wall Street Journal, Apple is intentionally seeking our a replacement from abroad and Egon Zehnder's services were obtained on the orders of none other than Steve Jobs.
Egon Zehnder was apparently chosen because Jobs is looking for an executive with retail experience outside the US.
Apple has repeatedly said that their international expansion is a driving force in both their profits and sales. Given that China, a country which Apple had virtually no presence in until very recently, seems key to Apple's growth, its likely that Ron Johnson's replacement could very well come from the Asia Pacific territory or someone with extensive knowledge and experience in the territory.
Apple has hired recruiting firm Egon Zehnder International to find a replacement for Apple Retail Chief Ron Johnson, who is leaving...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free
- Dragon Dictate 4 released today with new features and speed enhancements