Apple retail stores will close briefly on Wednesday for Steve Jobs memorial
According to Reuters, Apple's US retail stores will be closed for part of Wednesday, October 19 so retail employees can take part in the companywide memorial celebration of Steve Jobs. The event takes place from 10 to 11:30 AM Pacific time, so it's likely US retail stores will be shut for at least that long while the event is broadcast to the company's stores. Californian Apple Stores are reportedly not accepting reservations for tech support or tutorials during that morning. The Wall Street Journal reports that stores will be closed for "at least an hour," but the event may take up to three hours.
International Apple Stores will view a re-broadcast of the memorial. Reuters did not confirm if Apple's retail stores outside the US will be closed.
Apple released the iPhone 4S on October 14, but its homepage hasn't announced that fact; instead, it remains the simple memorial to Steve Jobs that has been there since the day of his death. Shutting Apple Stores and allowing retail employees to take part in the ceremonies despite the high demand for the newest iPhone is a classy move on Apple's part.
According to Reuters, Apple's US retail stores will be closed for part of Wednesday, October 19 so retail employees can take part in...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free