NYC Grand Central Apple Store to be ready for "Black Friday"
The huge new Apple Store that's going into the NYC Grand Central Terminal is set to be open before "Black Friday", November 25th. That's the Friday after Thanksgiving, marking the official beginning of the holiday gift-purchasing season. The Grand Central Apple Store is being built in the former location of the Metrazur restaurant and covers a 15,230 square foot expanse of very expensive retail space.
Employees for the new location have been hired and are currently receiving training at a "hotel in Times Square," according to PhoneArena. That training will continue until November 11th, at which time the new employees will most likely be involved in stocking and prepping the new store for the crush -- not only of Black Friday, but also the craziness that accompanies any new Apple Store opening.
In related news, 9to5Mac has posted a photo from an MTA employee (see above) that shows that there is still a considerable amount of construction work to be completed before the flagship store is opened to the public.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements