Apple to open mini stores inside Target
Target is one of those stores that quietly carries a variety of Apple products. In between speakers and keyboards, you can find iPads, iPods and iTunes gift cards. Soon, you may find an Airport Extreme and maybe even a MacBook Air. This prediction is based on a report from AppleInsider, which suggests Apple may be opening mini-stores within select Target locations. These stores will be similar to the Apple shops located within Best Buy.
The report claims Apple will open these "stores within a store" in 25 Target locations. It's a small fraction of the 1,700 stores Target has nationwide, but it's a start. If the program is as successful as the Best Buy one, Apple will likely expand into additional Target locations. It'll help Apple extend their reach into areas that don't have a nearby Apple Store without the cost of building a new store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter