Apple to open mini stores inside Target
Target is one of those stores that quietly carries a variety of Apple products. In between speakers and keyboards, you can find iPads, iPods and iTunes gift cards. Soon, you may find an Airport Extreme and maybe even a MacBook Air. This prediction is based on a report from AppleInsider, which suggests Apple may be opening mini-stores within select Target locations. These stores will be similar to the Apple shops located within Best Buy.
The report claims Apple will open these "stores within a store" in 25 Target locations. It's a small fraction of the 1,700 stores Target has nationwide, but it's a start. If the program is as successful as the Best Buy one, Apple will likely expand into additional Target locations. It'll help Apple extend their reach into areas that don't have a nearby Apple Store without the cost of building a new store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station