Talkcast tonight, 10pm ET: Textbook case
This week, we're looking ahead to the Apple NYC event focusing on the world of education. Hitting the books could have a whole new meaning before the week is out; we'll be talking with our in-house experts on all things iBooks, the lovely and talented Steve Sande & Erica Sadun (co-proprietors of Sand Dune Books) to get a sense of what Apple might have hidden away in its backpack.
We'll also run down the week's news out of the CES show in Las Vegas, where our tireless trio of correspondents did their level best to touch every iPad case and accessory on the floor. (Yes, they packed plenty of hand sanitizer.)
As always, the show only gets better when we have you as a part of it! To participate, you can use the browser-only Talkshoe client or download the classic TalkShoe Pro Java client; however, for maximum fun, you should call in. For the web UI, just click the Talkshoe Web button on our profile page at 4 HI/7 PDT/10 pm EDT Sunday. To call in on regular phone or VoIP lines: dial (724) 444-7444 and enter our talkcast ID, 45077 -- during the call, you can request to talk by keying in *8. We'll get started as usual around 10pm ET, which is 7pm PT.
If you've got a headset or microphone handy on your Mac, you can connect via the free Blink, Zoiper or X-Lite SIP clients, and if you have SkypeOut credit you can use Skype to call. Snow Leopard Mac users and earlier can use the built-in VoIP connector in the TalkShoe client, but Lion users are out of luck (it requires Rosetta). Talk to you tonight!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update