Apple, Sony, others sued by Graphics Properties
Apple and a few other big electronics companies are facing yet another lawsuit, this time from a company called Graphics Properties, formerly known as Silicon Graphics. These patents target a process that turns text and images into pixels for display on mobile screens, and Silicon Graphics is claiming that Apple, Sony, HTC, LG, and Samsung are all infringing on its patent rights.
The company already filed for bankruptcy a couple of years ago, but its filings with the court say that unless these companies stop selling devices using technology it claims to have developers, it will "suffer irreparable harm." Obviously, neither Apple or any of the other companies had a comment to share, as they all prefer to let this play out in court. But we're guessing if Apple did have a comment, it would be something along the lines of, "Not this nonsense again."
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)