Apple, Chinese environmental group will audit factory for pollution concerns
ComputerWorld notes that Apple and a Chinese environmental group plan to jointly audit one of its factories in China. The audit, which is just a pilot project for the time being, will be completed by the end of April. It will be done at one of the factories that manufacture printed circuit boards for the company. The goal of the audit is to identify and pollution concerns.
The joint audit will be done by Apple and The Institute of Public and Environmental Affairs (IPE), a Beijing environmental group. The IPE told ComputerWorld that Apple held talks with the organization last year after it criticized the company's suppliers and their effects on the environment.
Apple has come under pressure in recent years to help make its suppliers' factories as environmentally friendly as possible. The company recently overhauled the Environmental section of its website and began publishing environment reports for the sake of transparency.
ComputerWorld notes that Apple and a Chinese environmental group plan to jointly audit one of its factories in China. The audit, which...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client