Apple confirmed as Bloom Energy's customer
CNet confirmed today that Bloom Energy will be supplying fuel cells to Apple. This will go toward powering Apple's North Carolina data center.
GigaOM originally reported last month that Bloom Energy would be Apple's supplier for the fuel-cell farm. There will be 4.8 megawatts of biogas fuel cells, what the company calls Bloom Boxes, powering all those servers. Apple also uses biogas fuel cells at the Cupertino campus.
It's not the only eco-friendly technology Apple is using in Maiden, N.C. Apple is building the largest user-owned solar array in the country as well and has received LEED Platinum certification for its work.
CNet confirmed today that Bloom Energy will be supplying fuel cells to Apple. This will go toward powering Apple's North Carolina data...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client