Apple announces iOS 6, beta available to developers today (updated)
Apple has announced iOS 6 with more than 200 new features, including significant changes to programs such as Siri. Other new icons spotted include Maps. We'll update with further details as the Apple's WWDC Keynote continues.
Update: Apple has said that a beta release will be available to developers today with it being released to the general public this fall. iOS 6 will support the iPhone 3GS and newer, iPad 2 and newer and the fourth-generation iPod touch.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype