Apple offers a peek into updated Mobile Safari, Photo Stream
During today's WWDC 2012 Keynote, Scott Forstall provided a peek at new features expected in Mobile Safari when iOS 6 ships.
There's now an offline reading list in Mobile Safari, making it simple to capture web pages for viewing without a cellular or Wi-Fi connection. That'll work great during those flights where onboard Wi-Fi is just a dream. And for the first time, you'll be able to upload photos to sites via Mobile Safari. Smart App Banners are another new feature that give the browser a way to link banners directly to websites. For example, if you go to a mobile site like Yelp and there's an app available, a tap on the banner will jump to the Yelp app on the App Store.
Photo Stream, which was introduced with iOS 5 and OS X Lion, is getting a nice update featuring shared Photo Streams. Now you can choose to share your images or all of your Photo Stream to select individuals. Also in Photo Stream is the ability to create push notifications that link directly to photo albums so your friends will know when you've added new images.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)