Talkcast tonight: Legal eagles coming home to roost
Tonight on the Talkcast, we'll recap and review the surprisingly rapid -- and, for Apple, refreshingly positive -- verdict in the US patent infringement trial. Samsung's pocketbook may end up lighter, but there are months of appeals and aftermath ahead. Our special guest Jeff Gamet of The Mac Observer will chime in with his observations.
We'll also be looking ahead to the back-to-school season and the eagerly anticipated (but as yet unconfirmed) September product introductions. Got a favorite next-gen iPhone rumored feature? Whisper it in our ear.
To participate in the call, you can use the browser-only Talkshoe client, the embedded Facebook app, or download the classic TalkShoe Pro Java client; however, for +5 Interactivity, you should call in. For the web UI, just click the Talkshoe Web button on our profile page at 4 HI/7 PDT/10 pm EDT Sunday. To call in on regular phone or VoIP lines (Viva free weekend minutes!): dial (724) 444-7444 and enter our talkcast ID, 45077 -- during the call, you can request to talk by keying in *8.
If you've got a headset or microphone handy on your Mac, you can connect via the free X-Lite or other SIP clients -- basic instructions are here. Skype users with dial-out credit can call in via the service, or use those free iPhone minutes. Talk to you tonight!
Listen to the show using the widget below.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options