Apple is number two global brand
Brand consultancy firm Interbrand conducts a survey of the "Best Global Brands," and this year Apple is in the number two spot, second only to Coca-Cola.
That's a big leap from Apple's eight-place finish in 2011. In this most recent survey, Apple jumped ahead of Intel, McDonald's, GE, Google, Microsoft and IBM to take the number two position. If you go back to 2009, you'd find Apple has jumped 18 spots in three years.
According to the survey, Apple's brand value has reached an estimated $76.5 billion.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)