Apple is number two global brand
Brand consultancy firm Interbrand conducts a survey of the "Best Global Brands," and this year Apple is in the number two spot, second only to Coca-Cola.
That's a big leap from Apple's eight-place finish in 2011. In this most recent survey, Apple jumped ahead of Intel, McDonald's, GE, Google, Microsoft and IBM to take the number two position. If you go back to 2009, you'd find Apple has jumped 18 spots in three years.
According to the survey, Apple's brand value has reached an estimated $76.5 billion.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync