Chitika: iOS 6 adoption rate now at 60 percent
About a month ago, research firm Chitika Insights noted that iOS 6 achieved a 15 percent share of all iOS traffic within 24 hours of its release. Now the company is reporting that one month after launch, more than 60 percent of all iOS devices are running iOS 6.
Chitika looked at a sample out of millions of mobile ad impressions, and the numbers showed an iOS 6 adoption rate of about 50 percent after two weeks. Now things are slowing down a bit, but the latest numbers show about 61 percent of all iOS devices are running the new version. Chitika expects small gains in the next couple of weeks, with the release of the rumored iPad mini "accelerating the process."
By comparison as of October 2, Android 4.0 "Ice Cream Sandwich" -- released on October 19, 2011 -- is currently at about a 23.7 percent adoption rate, while the latest Android version (4.1 "Jelly Bean") has been installed on a paltry 1.8 percent of Android devices. The majority of Android devices -- about 56 percent -- are still running Android 2.3 "Gingerbread", released on December 6, 2010. (Source: Wikipedia)
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration