Apple's warranty practices questioned in Belgium
Belgian consumer watchdog agency, Test-Aankoop/Test-Achats, is not happy with the AppleCare protection plans offered to customers who purchase Apple hardware.
The group has filed a complaint that claims Apple doesn't properly explain consumer rights when it markets and sells these warranties to Belgian consumers. According to TechCrunch, Test-Aankoop/Test-Achats decided to pursue legal action after an effort to discuss this issue with Apple failed.
Apple recently faced a similar complaint in Italy. In that case, Apple was forced to pay over €900,000 (US$1.2 million) and stopped selling AppleCare in order to meet Italian requirements.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs