Apple's warranty practices questioned in Belgium
Belgian consumer watchdog agency, Test-Aankoop/Test-Achats, is not happy with the AppleCare protection plans offered to customers who purchase Apple hardware.
The group has filed a complaint that claims Apple doesn't properly explain consumer rights when it markets and sells these warranties to Belgian consumers. According to TechCrunch, Test-Aankoop/Test-Achats decided to pursue legal action after an effort to discuss this issue with Apple failed.
Apple recently faced a similar complaint in Italy. In that case, Apple was forced to pay over €900,000 (US$1.2 million) and stopped selling AppleCare in order to meet Italian requirements.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration