Apple's warranty practices questioned in Belgium
Belgian consumer watchdog agency, Test-Aankoop/Test-Achats, is not happy with the AppleCare protection plans offered to customers who purchase Apple hardware.
The group has filed a complaint that claims Apple doesn't properly explain consumer rights when it markets and sells these warranties to Belgian consumers. According to TechCrunch, Test-Aankoop/Test-Achats decided to pursue legal action after an effort to discuss this issue with Apple failed.
Apple recently faced a similar complaint in Italy. In that case, Apple was forced to pay over €900,000 (US$1.2 million) and stopped selling AppleCare in order to meet Italian requirements.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter