Chinese smear campaign against Apple backfires badly
China Central Television recently singled out Apple for its shoddy products and poor customer service in a three-hour documentary. According to M.I.C. Gadget, a gaffe by a celebrity may have exposed this film as nothing but propaganda.
The conspiracy started when Taiwanese-American celebrity Peter Ho and other influencers used Chinese social network Weibo to post negative comments about Apple during the TV broadcast. The post by Ho caught they eye of readers who noticed the unusual phrase, "To be posted at around 8:20," appended at the end. This phrase doesn't fit in with Ho's accusation against Apple and suggests he accidentally pasted both text and instructions provided to him by someone else.
Two hours later, Ho deleted the post and claimed someone hacked his account. Ironically, M.I.C. Gadget points out that most of the people posting negative comments against Apple were using Apple devices to decry the evil ways of the Cupertino company.
You can read more about the controversy surrounding these Weibo posts and the China Central Television report in the article on M.I.C. Gadget's website.
China Central Television recently singled out Apple for its shoddy products and poor customer service in a three-hour documentary....
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free