Apple is 19th on Global 500 list
Fortune today released its annual list of the world's largest companies, and Apple this year checks in at number 19 on the list.
The companies rounding out the top five spots include Royal Dutch Shell, Wal-Mart, Exxon Mobil, Sinopec Group and China National Petroleum.
Those companies generate considerably more revenue than Apple, but when it comes to sheer profits, Apple is second only to Exxon.
Last year, Apple ranked 55 on the global list and the year before, it came in at 111.
Fortune today released its annual list of the world's largest companies, and Apple this year checks in at number 19 on the list. The...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs