Apple is 19th on Global 500 list
Fortune today released its annual list of the world's largest companies, and Apple this year checks in at number 19 on the list.
The companies rounding out the top five spots include Royal Dutch Shell, Wal-Mart, Exxon Mobil, Sinopec Group and China National Petroleum.
Those companies generate considerably more revenue than Apple, but when it comes to sheer profits, Apple is second only to Exxon.
Last year, Apple ranked 55 on the global list and the year before, it came in at 111.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs