Apple acquires Canadian location data company Locationary
Apple is looking to beef up its Maps and location services by acquiring location data company Locationary. The Canadian startup uses crowdsourcing to create a database with up-to-date location data and local business information. Apple spokesperson Steve Dowling confirmed the acquisition to AllThingsD and added that "Apple buys smaller technology companies from time to time, and we generally do not discuss our purpose or plans." Details on the terms of the acquisition have not been disclosed.
Apple is looking to beef up its Maps and location services by acquiring location data company Locationary. The Canadian startup uses...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support