Opera says iOS ads do well
With respect to ad impressions, both iOS and Android garnered about a 30 percent share during the quarter gone by. When it comes to monetization, however, iOS reigns supreme.
While mobile ads on Android accounted for 28.08 percent of mobile ad revenue, the iPhone accounted for 36.44 percent. When we factor in the iPad and the iPod touch, the difference becomes even more stark with iOS commanding a 49.36 percent share of mobile ad revenue.
There's a lot more information worth taking a look at in Opera Mediaworks' report, including breakdowns detailing which type of apps generate the most revenue and serve the most impressions.
In a recent post highlighting the state of mobile advertising during the second quarter of 2013, Opera Mediaworks reports that...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update