Opera says iOS ads do well
With respect to ad impressions, both iOS and Android garnered about a 30 percent share during the quarter gone by. When it comes to monetization, however, iOS reigns supreme.
While mobile ads on Android accounted for 28.08 percent of mobile ad revenue, the iPhone accounted for 36.44 percent. When we factor in the iPad and the iPod touch, the difference becomes even more stark with iOS commanding a 49.36 percent share of mobile ad revenue.
There's a lot more information worth taking a look at in Opera Mediaworks' report, including breakdowns detailing which type of apps generate the most revenue and serve the most impressions.
In a recent post highlighting the state of mobile advertising during the second quarter of 2013, Opera Mediaworks reports that...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free