Opera says iOS ads do well
With respect to ad impressions, both iOS and Android garnered about a 30 percent share during the quarter gone by. When it comes to monetization, however, iOS reigns supreme.
While mobile ads on Android accounted for 28.08 percent of mobile ad revenue, the iPhone accounted for 36.44 percent. When we factor in the iPad and the iPod touch, the difference becomes even more stark with iOS commanding a 49.36 percent share of mobile ad revenue.
There's a lot more information worth taking a look at in Opera Mediaworks' report, including breakdowns detailing which type of apps generate the most revenue and serve the most impressions.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature