Opera says iOS ads do well
With respect to ad impressions, both iOS and Android garnered about a 30 percent share during the quarter gone by. When it comes to monetization, however, iOS reigns supreme.
While mobile ads on Android accounted for 28.08 percent of mobile ad revenue, the iPhone accounted for 36.44 percent. When we factor in the iPad and the iPod touch, the difference becomes even more stark with iOS commanding a 49.36 percent share of mobile ad revenue.
There's a lot more information worth taking a look at in Opera Mediaworks' report, including breakdowns detailing which type of apps generate the most revenue and serve the most impressions.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app