AAPL shareholders to receive dividends today
Apple will pay its shareholders another quarterly dividend today. Shareholders of record as of August 12th will receive US$3.05 per share. With over 908 million outstanding shares, that means Apple will spend $2.7 billion today giving money back to its shareholders.
However, as AppleInsider points out, Apple is actually spending $110 million less this quarter on dividends because the company spent $16 billion buying 36 million of its own shares last quarter. Apple repurchased some of its own shares because the company saw its share prices as cheap and doing so would allow it to pick them up while depressed and also receive some healthy tax write-offs. AAPL has been on a roll over the past few days with Carl Icahn purchasing $1.5 billion of AAPL on Tuesday and other hedge fund and regular investors getting back into the company on Wednesday.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter