Apple announces iOS 7 will be released on September 18
The much-anticipated refresh of Apple's mobile operating system, iOS 7, finally has a release date: September 18th.
There isn't a whole lot we don't already know about iOS 7 thanks to weeks of developer beta testing and a number of showcases by Apple itself, but at today's iPhone event, Craig Federighi took the stage to show off a few key features.
Improved web search, a more responsive Siri, advanced photo organization based on time and location and the new command center were all part of the presentation, as was iTunes Radio, which allows users to create their own stations and customize their own audio streams.
The OS will work with "almost every" iOS device. Get ready folks, only a week to go.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature