Apple working towards new store at One World Trade Center in NYC
ifoAppleStore reports that Apple is negotiating with mall developer Westfield Group on a new New York City store that will be part of a luxury retail mall being built at One World Trade Center. The center is on the site of the 2001 terrorist attacks and is part of the overall redevelopment going on at that location.
As noted by ifoAppleStore, "A one-square-block memorial park has already opened at the site, and work is well underway on one of four high-rise office towers that will surround the park. The shopping mall will occupy space under three of the towers, and on the lower floors of two towers."
Those three towers were designed by the architectural firm of Foster + Partners, the same company that is working on the new Apple Cupertino "spaceship" headquarters building and the San Francisco 2 retail store. The mall and new One WTC Apple Store should open in 2015.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows